Sunday 26 April 2015

1st Outing of the 2015 Season

On Saturday I finally managed to get out for a couple of hours. I went over the road between the bridges in Baslow. The weather had one of those April showers earlier but the sun was out now but still a bit on the sharp side! I started off in the pool below the old bridge and second cast produced an oos grayling to the good old fox squirrel nymph. Pointless using a dry as nothing was showing or hatching. I fished a couple more casts and then my 1st brown a lovely little wildy about 8 inches. I then worked my way downstream and picked up a reasonable rainbow about half way down. The fast water lower down produced another wild brown and then something which is quite rare here a rainbow trout about 6 inches and still with 'parr' marks on it's flank so they must be breading hereabouts, beautiful. The pool above the new bridge produced a couple more rainbows again to the same nymph and then as the temperature started to drop I briskly worked my way back upstream and picked up another rainbow and a couple of grayling so not a bad start to the season for a couple of hours. As I  said earlier nothing hatching apart from the odd olive and never saw a rise!

No comments: