Friday 14 November 2008

I went to the Salmon & Trout Ass. meeting on Wednesday in the Rutland Hotel Bakewell. It was a presentation from Don Stazicker called "Mayflies Top to Bottom". There were excellent shots of fish rising and numerous mayflies (not just Danica) together with a few vid sequences. It was a really excellent presentation.

Not managed to get fishing for grayling yet, maybe sometime on Saturday. Checked the Derwent at Baslow at lunchtime and it was up by about 12" and peaty so hopefully it may be ok tomorrow.

On another note, I notice from the Derwent Pollution Forum that there was meeting in Bakewell but nothing seems to have come about it. I received a mail from the EA after I queried the cleanup process and how far they were going to proceed down river. It did look encouraging but unfortunately in the real world its not as good as they think with levels up to 40 times the acceptable level. Some one will probably put me right and say thats not quite right but until that happens thats my view. I certainly won't be taking any fish from the Derwent but then I haven't since the incident. I suppose it will encourage some people to return all the fish they catch!

No comments: