Friday, 1 January 2010

A Few Caddis

I have finally started to use the special winging material I purchased from the Fly Fair. The wings need to be burned so its proving a bit difficult getting the right amount of heat to weld the edges of the wing.


The above photo is a detached body sedge which the guy on the J.Son & Co stand tied on a size 12.


This second shot is my first attempt using the first decent wing I managed to burn. Its very basic but the general impression looks ok. Will have to carry on experimenting with the burner. Hopefully they will get better over the coming days. Will post a shot of the first one which makes it into my fly box!



Happy New Year to all.

1 comment:

DarenPRakowski said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.